Metal Welding School
The First Welding School Accreditated in Italy
Metal Welding School. AQM, the first Welding School Accreditated in Italy by IIS Cert., is a CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE (att. 001/F) of IIS Cert (formerly the Italian Welding Institute) and is its representative for eastern Lombardy (Brescia, Mantua, Cremona and Bergamo), handling:
- practical / theoretical training and certification of metal welders and brazers;
- theoretical / practical training for welders of polyethylene (PE) pipes and fittings;
- qualification and certification of metal welding procedures.
The Centre’s activities include:
- preliminary study of the customer’s needs
- if necessary, practical tests for preliminary assessment of welders’ skills (specimens provided free of charge)
- drafting of customised training schedules
- drafting of WPS/BPS (Welding/brazing Procedure Specifications) for certification of the welder and/or procedure
- performance of all laboratory tests needed for qualification of welders/brazers or welding/brazing procedures.
Issue of Qualification Certification for Welders/Brazers or Welding/Brazing procedures through the Italian Welding Institute.
Training Courses are intended for welding staff and for assistants who require practical training in welding in preparation for and/or for the purposes of certification.
Certifications available for welders and welding procedures may be structured so as to comply with all the relevant technical regulations and standards (e.g. the UNI, UNI EN, ISO, ASME standards, etc.).
Metal welding procedures taught at in AQM are:
- Arc Welding with COATED ELECTRODES on ferritic and austenitic steel;
- Inert Gas Arc Welding with tungsten electrode (TIG) on ferritic and austenitic steel, aluminium and its alloys and copper and its alloys;
- Active Shielding Gas Arc Welding with consumable electrode wire (MAG) on ferritic and austenitic steel;
- Inert gas arc welding with consumable electrode wire (MIG) on ferritic and austenitic steel, aluminium and its alloys and copper and its alloys;
- Shielding Gas Arc Welding with flux core electrode wires (FCAW) on ferritic steel;
- Oxyacetylene Arc Welding;
- Torch brazing on copper and its alloys, steel and aluminium and its alloys.
AQM has a modern, well equipped Welding School, but all operating activities (training and testing) can also take place on the Customer’s premises.